More than 1.5 crore Android Smartphones in India was hit by a malware called "Agent Smith".
- Check Point Research have firstly flagged and reported this malware.
- Spread from apps and games downloaded from store 9Apps which is a 3rd party app store.
- This malware installs fake Google Updater.
- The fake Google Updater replaces malicious code to legit apps in the smartphone.
- Agent Smith Malware hides itself on the Android device.
- Malicious code force to display ads on phones so as to generate money from them.
- Google have patched this vulnerability but the developers have not updated the apps.
Read More Tech Articles: AndroidlyMedia.com